Monday, February 23, 2009

2/23/09


I think that sustainable living means to live with the ability to meet present needs without damaging or using up the environmental, economic or social resources that future generations will need. I think it also means to live more simply and to take care of nature so nature can take care of us.

As a 14-16 year old in this society I actually have a pretty good amount of freedom. As being a 14 year old I can stay home alone or just with my friends. I can go out and start making money by baby sitting. In 5 months when I'm 15 I can get a job at certain places doing little things but still making money. 6 months after that i can stat testing to get my permit. Then at 16 i have the rights to get a licence and get a car to drive it.
As a 14-16 year old I can live my life more sustainably by only using the resources I really need for the things most important at my age like school. I should only use the money I need for the supplies I need. I should only use the supplies I need to use and not waste them on useless things. This is saying that i shouldn't waste money or environment because someone else someday might need more then we did.

No comments: